2017 Award Nominations
HTUC Award Rules
HTUC Award Categories
APOGEE/ BRENDA THOMAS AWARD – Awarded to the individual who accomplished or achieved the one thing, or an accumulation of things that represent the high point of the past year for all aspects of the TG community.
LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD – The individual who has accomplished over the course of years, numerous achievements that have helped or positively impacted the entire local transgender community.
DEE McKELLAR MERIT AWARD – individual who has steadfastly stood up as a staunch advocate for the values of the transgender community.
CHAMPION AWARD – The non-transgender individual that has distinguished themselves as the staunchest advocate or ally in the local transgender community in the past year.
CHAMPIONS AWARD – The non-transgender group that has distinguished themselves as the staunchest advocate or ally in the local transgender community in the past year.
HORIZON AWARD – Given to the individual who is new to the community and is making a positive difference.
TRANSGENDER ARCHIVE AWARD – Given to the person, or group that has worked to preserve the transgender community heritage.
MEDIA ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT – Given to the individual or group that has been an advocate for the trans community or made a positive difference in the Transgender Community through their work in art/media/entertainment.
1. Only those residing or working within the state of Texas during the year prior to Banquet shall be eligible for an HTUC.
2. Only one award per person in a given year.
3. No award will be awarded to the same person in consecutive years.
4. Not every award needs to be awarded every year.
5. Awards will be given based on description of each award. (Listed below)
6. Anyone from the community may make nominations, final decision rests with HTUC.
7. Each HTUC Groups can nominate someone for a group award from that group. Criteria for these awards is up to the individual groups. Unity committee will prepare and have the award to present at Banquet.